Passive 2-channel isolation transformer
The THM-2 is a transformer-balanced transformer that eliminates 60 Hz AC noise caused by ground loops. Ground loops act like radio antennas, picking up hum and noise. The integrated 1:1 transformer prevents this by electrically decoupling the units from each other. The THM-2 was also designed to convert unbalanced signals into balanced signals. At a live gig, for example, ideal for connecting the unbalanced jack output of a synthesiser to the balanced input of the stagebox.
- Elimination of 50/60 Hz AC signals caused by ground loops.
- 1:1 transformer isolates the desired signal and eliminates noise
- Converts unbalanced to balanced signals
- not suitable for microphone, instrument or loudspeaker signals
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 70 Khz
- Input jacks: 6.35 mm/XLR
- Output jacks: 6.35 mm/XLR
- Distortion: ≤0.005% at 1 KHz
- Superimposition: ≥ -97 dB
- Output impedance: 8.7 KΩ
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 114 x 82.7 x 47.4 mm
- Weight: 0.45 kg